The Patriots will be playing tomorrow and what better reason to make nachos. This recipe came from my brother Paul when he was in college many years ago. We still make it today and they are always a big hit. I served them up on one of my favorite dishes, my English John Maddock & Sons platter.
The reason these are so good is that every bite has fresh chopped veggies, taco seasoned meat and yummy melted cheese. You just can’t stop eating these nachos until the last chip is gone.
These are the easiest nachos you will ever make and no baking required. Now, you will notice the cheese used on the nachos is Velveeta. I am not proud of that but it really does make the yummiest melted cheese topping.
So make some nachos on game day and Go Pats!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 a head of iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 a block of Velveeta cheese melted in the microwave with about a 1/4 cup milk.
- Scoop chips
- Cook the ground meat in a skillet. When cooked, follow the instructions on the taco seasoning and add seasoning and water to the skillet. While that cooks, place the chips on a platter, add the chopped lettuce on top of the chips. Top the lettuce with the chopped tomatoes. Heat the Velveeta in the microwave with the milk for one minute at a time. Stir after each minute until you get a soft creamy cheese. Usually around 2.5 minutes will do. Now add the seasoned ground meat on top of the tomatoes and pour the cheese over the meat. Serve immediately.
Published on ReneesFavoriteDishes.com