I was paging through the February issue of Bon Appetit 2013 when I found this Mushroom, Leek and Fontina Frittata recipe. I love Fontina cheese and was excited to try this frittata. This was so easy and very quick for a week night meal.
Another good chance to use my cast iron frying pan and I threw my herb tea towel in the background for fun.
I am excited to share that I will be going to Charleston SC on Saturday to visit College of Charleston with my daughter Meg. My mother and I will be driving her to visit two schools in the south. We are eager to leave this snow behind and view some southern scenery. I am posting this recipe tonight and then I will be quiet for a few days. Enjoy…
I hope to come back with lots of southern recipes, restaurant reviews and funny stories of our adventures down south.
Until then, stay safe and warm everyone.
Mushroom, Leek and Fontina Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only, chopped
- 8 ounces crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Place a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 350°. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened and all liquid has evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, crème fraîche, and parsley in a large bowl; mix in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms, shaking the pan to evenly distribute mixture. Cook the frittata, without stirring, until its edges begin to set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over eggs and transfer skillet to oven. Bake frittata until golden brown and center is set, 25-30 minutes.
Recipe Cooked by Renee @ Renee's Favorite Dishes
Recipe from Bon Appetit February 2013
Published on ReneesFavoriteDishes.com