Looking for a light and fruity treat, try these Melon Bites with Prosciutto and Lime Drizzle. I made these for Easter Sunday Brunch and they were very tasty. The saltiness of the prosciutto with the sweet of the melon was a perfect pairing. Topped with the juice of a lime and what a pretty dish.
The original recipe had the melons on skewers but I decided to just toss them in a bowl and let people take what they like.
- 16 (1-inch) cubes cantaloupe $
- 16 (1-inch) cubes honeydew melon
- 16 (1/4-ounce) very thin slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil $
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- Wrap each cantaloupe cube and each honeydew cube with 1/2 prosciutto slice. Thread 1 wrapped cantaloupe cube and 1 wrapped honeydew cube onto each of 16 (4-inch) skewers. Arrange skewers on a serving platter.
- Combine juice, oil, and pepper, stirring with a whisk; drizzle evenly over skewers. Sprinkle evenly with mint.
Recipe from May 2009 Cooking Light
Recipe shared by Renee @ Renee's Favorite Dishes
Published on ReneesFavoriteDishes.com