Well, it was just Fathers Day and I again admit, I am still working on the baking thing, hence Easy Blueberry Pie. Steve’s favorites for the day were lobster and blueberry pie. I had originally planned on making a homemade crust but lets be real, it’s June and that wasn’t happening, weather is too good.
So as I always do, I hit the internet and found a recipe with a packaged crust that I thought would be good. This recipe hit the mark. So delicious and so very, very easy. We enjoyed this pie so much that we sent it to work with Steve the next day to share with his team. I hope everyone liked it.
The pie crust looks thin and it was because the blueberries were about to burst out…delicious!
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- SPRINKLE berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- FIT half of pastry in a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
- COMBINE 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- UNFOLD remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, if necessary.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Recipe from Bev @ food.com
Recipe shared by Renee @ Renee's Favorite Dishes
Published on ReneesFavoriteDishes.com